Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X and Unix. Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows source code to Unix as well as a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows programs to run on x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris.
- Many copy protection fixes.
- GLSL is now the default for Direct3D.
- Lots of memory errors fixed thanks to Valgrind.
- Support for TOPMOST windows.
- Beginnings of an inetcomm dll implementation.
- Lots of bug fixes.
Link: Home Page