WinPatrol alerts you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. As a multipurpose support utility, WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that occur without your knowledge.
You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
What's new in this version:
This update provides enhancements and fixes to version 28. The number of changes have been done to support machines that have 64 bit processors. The other major enhancement is in the removable of unwanted toolbars that won't uninstall correctly. This type of enhancement will continue in future updates.
- Fixed dialog used to select current user or all users when launching a program.
- Fix to Delayed Start programs that don't properly launch
- Moved Repair and Reset Tools from PLUS to Options tab//screen.
- Enhanced removed of unwanted toolbars.
- Improvements to Community Shield based on other WinPatrol users.