WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
WinRAR 5.80 Beta 3 changelog:
"Find files" and command line mode "i" commands
- if "Use all tables" option or "t" modifer of "i" command are used, additionally to already supported ANSI, OEM and UTF-16 encodings WinRAR will search the specified string in UTF-8 files as well;
- better support for Unicode text strings;
- better performance, especially for case insensitive search; d) hexadecimal search output includes both text and hexadecimal representation of found matches.
- File and total progress bar is displayed when unpacking tar.bz2, tar.gz, tar.lz, tar.xz, tar.z archives. Previously only the total progress was displayed properly for tar.bz2, tar.gz and tar.z. Neither file nor total progress was displayed for tar.lz and tar.xz.
- "File list/Files/Exact sizes" option also changes the file size format in WinRAR status bar.
- Added support for one more variation of TAR format archives.
- WinRAR extraction commands in Windows Explorer context menu failed if -ag switch was added to rar.ini file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware