WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* Rolled back increase of socket internal buffer size for SSH.
* SSH core upgraded to the latest development snapshot of PuTTY (2011-03-04, revision 9120). It brings following changes:
- Support for “email@example.com” compression.
- Small performace improvements.
* On Windows 7 progress of operation is shown on the taskbar button.
* URLs with IPv6 address are supported.
* Removed length limit for FTP Post login commands.
* Colon in stored session name and IPv6 addresses is escaped when used for generated name of session log file.
* State of Advanced options checkbox is always remembered.
* Source of the configuration is stored into session log.
* Navigating back/forward with synchronized browsing enabled affects both panels.
* When renaming a file during transfer, only filename (without an extension) is optionally selected.
* File renaming is not started, when only focusing application.
* Session colors are used on stored session list.
* Setup will default to use the same language as the last time.
* Setup will not try to replace the drag&drop shell extension unless newer version is included. This prevents setup from requiring restart in many cases.
* Bug fix: Incorrect conversion of timestamps between local and remote systems with respect to DST on Windows 2008 R2.
* Bug fix: Failure on transfer error with SCP protocol.
* Bug fix: Invalid timezone shifting of file timestamps with FTP protocol.
* Bug fix: Pageant authentication was not working on x64.
* Bug fix: Failure when reconnection fails with FTP protocol.
* Bug fix: Failure when reconnecting with FTP protocol.
* Bug fix: chmod command was not skipped with SCP protocol, when changing file properties but not changing permissions.
* Bug fix: Error when uploading file with specific size with FTP protocol.