WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.11.3 changelog:
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2n.
Translations added: Korean; and updated: Bahasa Indonesia, Finnish and Spanish.
Bug fix: Official extension Generate HTTP URL cannot copy multiple URLs to clipboard.
Bug fix: Parent directory icon broken on 250% scaling and higher.
Bug fix: Resizing of Synchronization checklist window does not stop when mouse button is released.
Bug fix: It was not possible to answer prompts with non-ascii answers in winscp.com.
Bug fix: Failure when starting with window position configuration, saved on lower DPI, that does not fit anymore on lower resolution caused by higher DPI.
Bug fix: Failure when changing remote working directory using directory tree.
Bug fix: XML log and .NET assembly API does not use an absolute path for source of SCP download.
Bug fix: WinSCP .NET assembly hangs when the XML log cannot be parsed.
Bug fix: WinSCP .NET assembly cannot work with files containing control characters.
Bug fix: Failure when coping local custom command that works with remote files to clipboard.
Bug fix: Failure when using Ctrl+Tab keyboard shortcut with no session opened.
Bug fix: When parsing MLSD listing, file name was incorrectly tried to be interpreted against various rare path syntaxes, leading to wrong name being displayed.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware