WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.15.2 changelog:
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2s.
SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to latest development snapshot of PuTTY (2019-05-13.45be166). It brings the following change:
Bug fix: Crash when adding an ECDSA key to Pageant. pageant-ecdsa-assert-fail
Translations updated: Dutch and Polish.
Not scanning unvisited network folders to speed up start up and browsing. 1737
Starting main window with the last user local folder instead of always starting in Documents folder. 1740
When renaming an ad-hoc site, using a generated friendly name as a start.
Bug fix: Some numerical folders are duplicated in remote directory tree. 1736
Bug fix: Ad hoc site opened from a workspace showed its internal number a name instead of a friendly generated name.
Bug fix: Failure in .NET assembly when ProgramFiles(x86) environment variable is not set and WinSCP executable cannot be found anywhere. 1741
Bug fix: Keyboard accelerator for Octal box on Properties dialog does not work. 1743
Bug fix: Failure when .NET assembly times out waiting for WinSCP to start. 1744
Bug fix: Failure when shutting down Windows. 1746
Bug fix: Two consecutive different file mask delimiters are processed incorrectly. 1745
Bug fix: Failure when undocking toolbar on a system with multiple monitors with different DPI. 1748
Bug fix: Failure after a session lost while in Console dialog is reconnected. 1749
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware