WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.15.3 changelog:
- Back-propagated SSH security fixes from PuTTY 0.72:
- Integer underflow parsing SSH-1 packet length. vuln-ssh1-buffer-length-underflow
- Buffer overflow in SSH-1 if server sends two tiny RSA keys. vuln-ssh1-short-rsa-keys
- Windows Pageant client code does not check response length field. vuln-win-pageant-client-missing-length-check
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.72.
- Using recommended sizes of icons when installed from Microsoft Store. 1754
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.7.
- Translations updated: Hungarian, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- File panel incremental search can be disabled using raw configuration setting. 1742
- Retrying deleting fake temporary folder created when pasting remote files to Windows File Explorer. 1765
- Bug fix: With every start on a monitor with different DPI than the primary monitor, dimensions of the window and some of its components change slightly. 1750
- Bug fix: Speed limit does not work with S3 protocol. 1755
- Bug fix: Site folder loses names of its sites. 1756
- Bug fix: Compare Files extension cannot handle paths with spaces. 1760
- Bug fix: Local recycle bin is unintentionally scanned, slowing down browsing. 1761
- Bug fix: .NET assembly debug log file timestamps shows as GMT, while they are actually local times. 1762
- Bug fix: Cannot upload files over 50 GB to S3. 1764
- Bug fix: When using a local custom command from Synchronization checklist window, opened from a command-line, the connection was closed.
- Bug fix: When saving an edited site or default settings, WinSCP prompted for the master password, even when the site does not have any password to protect.
- Bug fix: When opening a connection from a command-line, which does not have a local directory set yet, local panel is opened empty.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware