WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.15.5 changelog
Back-propagated fixes and changes from 5.16–5.16.1 releases:
- Security fix from PuTTY 0.73: On Windows, other applications were able to bind to the same TCP port as a WinSCP local port forwarding. vuln-win-exclusiveaddruse
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.9.
- Bug fix: Error when reopening a remote file whose local temporary copy has been deleted. 1790
- Bug fix: Edited path was hidden behind a browsing button on file/directory path selection boxes. 1791
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.73.
- Installer translations updated: Czech, Dutch, German, Italian, Polish, Slovak and Turkish.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware