WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.15.7 changelog
- Translation completed: Russian.
- New DigiCert code signing certificate used for signing binaries valid until February 2023.
- Back-propagated fixes and changes from 5.16.1–5.16.2 releases:
- Toggling between light and dark interface theme is faster.
- Bug fix: .NET assembly does not have a digital signature. 1800
- Bug fix: Corrected some help links.
- Bug fix: Occasional hang when loading file icons. 1803
- Bug fix: Failure while closing application and suspending computer after operation completion. 1804
- Bug fix: Failure when switching between light and dark interface themes.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware