WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.17 changelog
Improvements to sessions and workspace management, so that WinSCP can now easily restore tabs that were open when it was last closed.
Extension Archive and Download to archive remote files and download the archive.
Improvements to Synchronization checklist window.
Allowed sorting of find results.
SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.73.
The binaries are signed with new EV certificate valid until February 2023.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware