WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.17.6 changelog:
Added new af-south-1 and eu-south-1 AWS regions. 1864
Translation updated: Brazilian Portuguese.
Not defaulting to Documents folder on a network drive even if it is mapped. 1869
Workaround for lack of support for max-keys parameter in Backblaze S3 API. 1871
Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.0.5.
Bug fix: Transfer settings are not preserved when starting synchronization in new window.
Bug fix: Keep remote directory up to date window cannot be restored after it was minimized to tray using Minimize to System Tray command, when the window was opened from command-line or using Start in New Window command. 1868
Bug fix: Starting synchronization in a new window should be disabled when Selected files only option is selected, as that combination is not implemented. 1870
Bug fix: Starting a synchronization in a new window does not work if the remote path consist of one level only.
Bug fix: Failure when canceling an authentication of an ad-hoc session from a workspace opened from command-line. 1875
Bug fix: GSSAPI key exchange authentication is off by default as it caused failures when old version of MIT Kerberos was installed on the machine. 1874
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware