WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.17.7 changelog:
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.31.2.
- Security fix from PuTTY 0.74: If an SSH server accepted an offer of a public key and then rejected the signature, WinSCP could access freed memory, if the key had come from an SSH agent. vuln-agent-keylist-used-after-free
- Displaying progress of synchronization in Keep local directory up to date extension. 1887
- Displaying session name and operation status in console title of Keep local directory up to date extension. 1888
- Translation updated: German.
- Removed workaround for lack of support for max-keys parameter in Backblaze S3 API, as it is supported now. 1871
- Bug fix: Failure while changing path using path label while another command was executing already. 1877
- Bug fix: Failure when system settings change during synchronization. 1879
- Bug fix: Failure when trying to close WinSCP while reading a remote directory. 1880
- Bug fix: Failure after using files from a disconnected session (for example saving an edited file). 1881
- Bug fix: Directory reading cannot be cancelled for SFTP servers that provide optional end-of-list field. 1883
- Bug fix: Going to root folder in the local panel does not update selection in the directory tree.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware