WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.19.5 changelog:
- Compatibility with Google Cloud S3 API when duplicating files. 2038
- Compatibility with Google Cloud S3 API when deleting implicitly existing directories. 2042
- Translation updated: Turkish.
- Logging a reference to 1952 when an OpenSSH 8.8 (or newer) server refuses the key.
- Bug fix: Crash when new contents is copied to the clipboard while downloading files pasted from the clipboard. 2036
- Bug fix: Browse Remote Directory command on Synchronization checklist did not locate file with spaces.
- Bug fix: Extension ZIP and Upload does not work with files in a drive root. 2039
- Bug fix: Path on Console window was not shortened when it did not fit.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware