WinSCP is a SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is the secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer. It uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports, in addition to Secure FTP, also legacy SCP protocol.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
What's fixed in this version:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1i. Fixing several moderate severity security defects.
- Workaround for ProFTPD/mod_sftp bug in SFTP space-available packet.
- Using Reverses Order of Symlink Command Arguments workaround for ProFTPD/mod_sftp.
- Workaround for Vandyke VShell incorrect announcement of checksum calculation support.
- Improved detection if user shall be offered external editor auto configuration.
- Showing error details when logging to a file fails.
- Bug fix: If an INI file name is exactly winscp.ini, an INI file path on Preferences dialog is shown incorrectly.
- Bug fix: Failure when processing results of upload in .NET assembly when a directory was created with explicitly set permissions as the first operation.
- Bug fix: Keyboard accelerators to mask boxes on Edit file mask dialog were not working.
- Bug fix: Not possible to select/enter file name with Unicode characters in filename input boxes.
- Bug fix: Wrong “Timeout detected” message when FTP control connection is closed while transferring a file.
- Bug fix: Cannot retrieve file from root folder of FTP server.
- Bug fix: Mouse cursor of file list/directory tree splitter is not adjusted when Show directory tree left of file list preference option is enabled.