With Windows 10 and Xbox One version 2004 just about ready to be released, it's once again time to move onto the next thing. For Xbox One consoles, that's going to be version 2005, and the first build is arriving today for Xbox Insiders on the Skip Ahead subset of the Preview Alpha ring.
Unlike Windows 10, Xbox One consoles get monthly feature updates. However, the major build number will still be 19041, which is the RTM build for 20H1. Instead, this will increase the build revision number, so Xbox One version 2005 will be build 19041.2xxx.
Unsurprisingly, the release notes don't show any front-facing features that are exclusive to the update. There's a new section in the Friends area of the Guide called 'Happening Now', but that's also being added in today's 2004 build.
There are also a bunch of fixes:
- Fixed an issue where achievements would not unlock or track progress correctly.
- Users should now be able to connect to network when password contains trailing space.
- Note: Please submit feedback if you are unable to connect to network.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the VUDU app from loading after being launched.
And of course, there are known issues:
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Users who use Energy-saving power mode may see the dashboard showing no network connection on boot. We are aware of the issue and investigating.
- Note: The dashboard will refresh once the network connection is established, but may take up to a minute.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
The build number for today's update is 19041.2209, and it will be live at 2pm PT.