Microsoft seems to be keeping to its schedule of releasing two or three builds a week to the Alpha ring of the Xbox Insider Program. The most recent was 15026, and it contained some improvements to updates settings.
Today, yet another build is available, bringing the build number to 15031.1003, or rs_xbox_dev_flight.170206-2328. It adds the ability to set time limits for child accounts, and it also fixes a few issues. Here are the full release notes:
You can now enable screen time limits for any child accounts in your family on Xbox One.
To get started...
- Navigate to https://account.microsoft.com/family.
- For a child who has logged in to the Xbox One previously, select the screen time link to the right of their profile. If you do not have a family set up, or a child in your family, you will need to invite them by selecting the Add a child button.
- After you select the screen time link, you'll be taken to the screen time page where you can enable screen time limits for the child, and adjust daily allowance and time limits.
- Once configured, your settings will be applied to your child's account when they log in to your Xbox One enrolled in the Xbox One Update Preview.
NOTE: When your child runs out of time, they will be signed out of their profile until a parent grants more time by entering their passkey on the Xbox One, or by configuring screen time settings at https://account.microsoft.com/family. When the time limit expires, it will not turn off the Xbox One.
If you encounter any issues or have feedback, please let us know via Report a problem.
With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you should no longer be unable to sign in after playing a game.
Resolved an issue which caused the Home screen to flash briefly after signing in with automatic sign-in enabled.
- Cortana may be too responsive to phrases which sound like “Hey Cortana”. The development team is continuing to tune and improve this.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Ubisoft Club
When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down, and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
- EA Access
The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
Microsoft Edge webpages which have been pinned on the Guide Tab fail to launch the webpage.
- Screen Dimming
The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings - Ease of Access
When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings - Display & sound
The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- Wireless Display
The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
As you can see, the Xbox One Creators Update preview is still lacking one promised feature that is much anticipated: built-in streaming to Beam. Microsoft has promised that this is coming soon, but hasn't provided a more specific timeframe.
If you're on the Preview Alpha ring, you can get today's build by heading over to Settings -> System -> Updates. If you're not, you'll have to work your way up by completing Quests and Surveys in the Insider Hub. Remember though, if you become inactive, you can also be dropped to a lower ring.