Poco, a spun-off brand of Xiaomi, has launched the Poco M2 in India today. It is the cheaper sibling of Poco M2 Pro that was launched in July earlier this year. The newly launched smartphone eerily resembles the Redmi 9 Prime in terms of specifications.
Poco M2 specifications
- Display: 6.53-inch Full HD+ (2340×1080 pixels) LCD screen; 200 nits brightness; Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor; ARM Mali-G52 GPU
- RAM: 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB eMMC 5.1 storage; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- Rear camera: Quad camera setup with 13MP primary lens; 8MP ultra-wide; 2MP depth; 5MP macro
- Front camera: 8MP
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE; Wi-Fi 802.11ac; Bluetooth 5; GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C; 3.5mm headphone jack
- 5000mAh battery; 18W fast charging
- Dimensions: 163.3x77x9.1 mm
- Weight: 198g
The smartphone supports dual nano-SIM. It runs Android 10 with MIUI 11 out of the box, and it's upgradable to MIUI 12. The device comes with a fingerprint scanner at the back, and an infrared blaster for remotely controlling televisions and other household devices. It also boasts of a splash resistant P2i coating.
The Poco M2 comes in three color variants - Brick Red, Pitch Black, and Slate Blue. The 64GB variant is priced at ₹10,999 (approximately $150), and the 128GB version carries a price tag of ₹12,499 ($170 approximately). It will be available on Flipkart starting September 15.
The launch of the Poco M2 in India comes a day after Poco X3 NFC was announced in the global market. While an exact date for its India launch in not known, this tweet from C Manmohan, the General Manager of Poco India, suggests that it is in the pipeline.