When you think about a high-end handset, what often comes to mind is the associated price tag that typically arrives north of $500 USD. But, over the past couple years, companies from Asia have been producing smartphones that pack quite a punch and are offered at more reasonable prices. Today, ZTE revealed the Axon 7, a high-end handset that offers the latest specifications and comes packed in a premium metal body.
The Axon 7 will offer:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage or 6GB RAM with 128GB storage
- 5.5-inch QHD AMOLED display
- Dolby dual speaker system
- 20MP rear camera with optical image stabilization / 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint reader
- USB Type-C
To top it all off, the Axon 7 will be one of the first handsets on the market to offer support for Google's Daydream. The phone is now available in China and will become available at a later time in the United States through popular online retailers like Amazon, Newegg, B&H Photo and others. Pricing has not been firmly set, but ZTE has stated that the handsets will retail for under $500 USD.
Source: The Verge