AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast. Although AkelPad is written as a text editor, its use of available plugins provides considerably more power than NotePad. AkelPad displays text using a specially designed control, AkelEdit, a replacement for Windows' Rich Edit control, which gives AkelPad additional control over text display and behavior.
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI)
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven)
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE)
- Support of any codepage installed in the system
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats
- Preview file open
- Correct pseudographics displaying
- Column text selection
- Multi-level undo
- Fast search/replace text strings
- Remember file codepage and caret position
- Printing of a document and print preview
- Support of language modules
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
Changes in this version:
- Changed: plugin architecture. Update plugins.
- Changed: "Replace all" with up direction.
- Added: option to find/replace dialog ". matches \n".
- Added: Catalan language module (Hiro5).
- Added: command line parameter /NewInstance - force create new program instance.
- Added: command line parameter /MainClass("MyAkelPad4") - set class name for a new program instance.
- Added: possibility to set \0 symbol in delimiters.
- Added: error position in regular expression error message.