Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 6.0 new features:
- For details on the major changes in calibre between 6.0 and 5.0, see https://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/fifteen
- Full text search: You can now search the entire text of all books in your calibre library
- Support for new CPU architectures: Apple Silicon and ARM64 on Linux. Support for 32bit CPUs has been dropped because Qt 6 does not support them
- Dark mode in calibre is now controlled via a setting in Preferences->Look & feel rather than an environment variable
- Allow choosing different icon themes for light and dark mode in Preferences->Look & feel
- Upgrade calibre to use Qt 6. This means that some no longer maintained third party plugins may not work, though most plugins have already been ported
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware