mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
Changes in mIRC 7.45:
- Fixed on BAN/UNBAN event bug that caused it to not be triggered on mode +b/-b events.
- Updated channels /list feature to send *matchtext* to server in LIST request on Undernet and Quakenet.
- Fixed DCC Send file dialog nickname combobox being incorrectly sized.
- Updated installer to re-use default NSIS uninstall executable.
- Fixed $sdir() new file dialogs not handling invalid path names.
- Fixed $sfile() new file dialogs not filling in filename editbox if filename provided.
- Fixed tray tips bug that caused gpf triggered by right-click on tray tip and possibly other contexts.
- Fixed tray tips and speech bug in formatting of text for mode event that contains multiple mode changes.
- Updated CA root certificates cacert.pem file.