Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkeys Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Toms Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Changes in Mp3tag 2.86:
- [2018-01-13] FIX: action "Format value" for _FILENAME caused new file directory to be set also in cases where file cannot be renamed.
- [2018-01-10] LNG: updated Bulgarian, Czech, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese-Brazil and Slovenian language files.
- [2018-01-10] FIX: vendor string was not written when updating Vorbis Comments in Opus files.
- [2018-01-08] CHG: default tag panel field names are now auto-translated on language change. (#23220, #22856, #22200)
- [2018-01-08] CHG: default file view column names are now auto-translated on language change. (#23220, #22856, #22200)
- [2018-01-08] FIX: runtime error when parsing broken UFID ID3v2 frames. (#23295)
- [2018-01-01] FIX: runtime error when performing library cleanup directly after enabling library option (since 2.85i).
- [2017-12-21] FIX: runtime error when performing save via keyboard shortcut while in-place editing in the file list.
- [2017-12-20] FIX: importing tags via Discogs tag source set YEAR field to 0 for releases without year.
- [2017-12-20] FIX: file list selection mark was wrong in some cases after deleting, removing or moving files.
- [2017-12-19] NEW: added option to cleanup the database from orphaned files.
- [2017-12-13] NEW: added preferences page to enable the Library and to configure included directories.
- [2017-12-11] CHG: attempting a more graceful shutdown on out-of-memory conditions.
- [2017-12-10] FIX: deleting non-standard files from file view did not update file list (since 2.85b).
- [2017-12-08] FIX: sync issue between actual file information fields (i.e., size, modification timestamps, ...) and internal representation (since 2.85b).
- [2017-12-07] FIX: runtime error when adding files to an already running instance via the Windows Explorer context-menu extension (since 2.85b).
- [2017-12-07] FIX: file renaming collision when target file was already in database but removed externally (since 2.85b).
- [2017-12-07] FIX: info fields were not updated in database when tags were written or removed (since 2.85b).
- [2017-12-07] FIX: actions that caused a directory to be renamed did not update the database entries (since 2.85b).
- [2017-12-06] CHG: improved library reading performance on subsequent reads by using an internal database.
- [2017-12-02] CHG: MP4 tag fields are not truncated to 255 characters anymore. (#23176)
- [2017-11-26] FIX: runtime error when adding cover art to Ogg Vorbis or Opus files (since 2.85a). (#23213)
- [2017-11-22] CHG: improved memory consumption especially for large music libraries.
- [2017-11-22] CHG: changes regarding cover art are now also part of undo information.
- [2017-11-16] FIX: tag sources framework function 'json_foreach' now also works with arrays as unnamed JSON root element. (#23165)
Download: Mp3tag 2.86 | 3.4 MB (Freeware)
Link: Mp3tag Homepage
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment