MusicBee is an application geared toward managing extensive music collections, easy to use and with a comprehensive feature set. It makes it easy to organize, find, and play music files on your computer, on portable devices, and on the Web. It provides playback of a wide range of audio formats, smart playlists with the ability to discover and play new music from the web, advanced tag editing with automated artwork and tag look up, folder monitoring, automated file re-organization, portable device synchronization, and secure CD ripping with AccurateRip verification.
- Supported formats: MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, TAK, WV, WMA and WAV.
- Audio CDs: Audio CD playback and ripping (with CD-Text capabilities) is supported. CD tracks can be ripped (in fast or secure mode) as individual files or as a single album with embedded cuesheet.
- Conversion: Conversion from and to all supported formats as metadata are preserved. Synchronization of tags only (in case that the output file already exists) instead of reencoding is possible.
- ReplayGain support: both playback and calculation.
- File Organization: Organization and renaming of music files into folders and files based on tag values such as artist, album, name, track number, etc. that can be specified. MusicBee can do this automatically for all files in a music library or the user can choose the files or folders themselves.
- Web Browsing: Browsing of the web using Mozilla's XULRunner environment.
- Scrobbling: Tracks played from MusicBee can optionally be scrobbled to Last.fm.
- Customizable user interface layout.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- MiniLyrics support
MusicBee 3.0.6335 changelog:
- when saving a single file, library auto-organise enabled, although the file was being auto-organised, if you try to edit the file straight away, the file in the main panel was still referencing the old file location
- various bug fixes