PowerArchiver is a fast and easy to use compression utility. PowerArchiver offers an option to use an Explorer-like interface for browsing your hard drive for archives, which also supports shell integration. It supports most popular compressed and encoded formats currently in use.
PowerArchiver enables you to create ISO images, either by ripping the CD/DVD/BD with Disc Grabber, or directly with files from your hard disk. With PowerArchiver’s Virtual Drive feature, you can also mount .ISO images into Windows so they appear like a normal drive and you can browse inside. In addition to creating and mounting .ISO images, you can now burn archives, images and any files directly from PowerArchiver or via Explorer Shell Extensions to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. Once you’re done, you can verify the burned files to make sure everything was burned correctly and without errors.
Read and write support for ZIP, ZIPX, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, ISO (ISO9660 and UDF - PRO only), BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64). Read and extract support for: RAR (10% faster than WR 4.x), ARJ, ARC, ACE, MSI, NSIS, CHM, DMG, RPM, CPIO, VHD, XAR, LZMA, SquashFS, CramFS, ZOO, WIM plus ISO (ISO9660 and UDF) disc image formats and much much more...
Changes between 16.02.04 and 16.03.01:
- FTP improvements – various small improvements in FTP functionality.
- Improved shell extensions – Improved shell extension behaviour when clicking on HDD or Start menu, depending on Windows OS.
- Advanced add Window fixes – Fixed issue with selecting files in Advanced Add window.
- Invalid filename extraction – Improved detection of invalid filenames under Windows, renaming them to proper filename during extraction.
- PAE2 renaming – Improved behaviour of Encrypt window when renaming PAE2 files.
- File selection in Modern/Ribbon ui – improved selection rectangle display when Modern GUI and color coded filelist are used.
- GUI look when Aero disabled – Improved look for background color of PowerArchiver various windows when AERO is disabled – same background color is used now.
- Fix for folder error – Specific issue with folder error displayed fixed.