Snipaste is a capable tool for capturing, annotating, and processing screenshots with an emphasis on speed and simplicity. Snipaste offers access to a number of several image editing options, including arrows, mosaic blur, text, highlighter, various shapes...etc., which can be used to annotate your screenshots once they have been captured. When you're finished, the annotated capture may be copied to the clipboard, saved as an image file in PNG, JPG, BMP, TGA, ICO, TIFF and GIF and also pinned back onto your screen as a floating window.
The default keys (which can be customized) are F1 for Snip and F3 for Paste. Other features include multi-screen support, image scaling, a built-in color picker, and more.
Snipaste 1.13.5 changelog:
- The 'Rectangle' and 'Ellipse' are merged in the toolbar
- The mosaic effect and blur effect have independent levels now
- Avoid cleaning up the record files when restoring fails
- Snipping unexpectedly quits when clicking on some of the widgets in the toolbar #485
- Copying or saving annotated gray-scale images loses the colors
- The flickering of the tooltip on the image window
Fixes in Snipaste 1.13.6:
- Unable to annotate when snipping, for some multi-screen users