Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license. Sylpheed provides intuitive user-interface. Sylpheed is also designed for keyboard-oriented operation, so Sylpheed can be widely used from beginners to power users.
Sylpheed has the following features:
- Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
- Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
- Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
- Lightweight operation
- High reliability with one-mail-corresponding-to-one-file format
- Extensibility by plug-in faculty
- Powerful filtering and search
- Junk mail control
- Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
- Various protocols support
- Internationalization and Multilingualization support
- High-level Japanese processing
- Flexible cooperation with external commands
Changes since Sylpheed 3.7:
- OAuth2 authentication support was added. (currently tested with Gmail and MS365 Outlook). Note: The client IDs described in the oauth2.ini file included in the package have been created for testing purpose. A warning that these client IDs are not confirmed by Google or Microsoft will be displayed on the authentication. There are cases when these client IDs become not available in the future.
- Win32: fixes for update checks on Windows were made.
- Win32: included SSL certificates were updated.
- Win32: included OpenSSL was updated.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware