Tixati is a free and easy to use BitTorrent client featuring detailed views of all seed, peer, and file transfer properties. Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Tixati is one of the most advanced and flexible BitTorrent clients available. And unlike many other clients, Tixati contains NO SPYWARE, NO ADS, and NO GIMMICKS.
Tixati portable version is meant to run on a USB flash drive or other portable media. It stores all its configuration files in the same folder as the executable binary files, and all file paths are stored in a format relative to the program executable folder.
It is important you do not delete the "tixati_portable_mode.txt" file within the executables folder. This file is what triggers Tixati to run in portable mode. (The executable binaries are actually the same as the standard edition binaries.)
When running the portable edition from a USB flash drive, especially one that is formatted in FAT16/FAT32, you may experience some lag when initially loading a new transfer. This is because initializing and allocating large files on flash-based media consumes a greater amount of time and resources compared to a conventional hard-drive.
Tixati has the following features:
- detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers
- support for magnet links, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available
- super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- peer connection encryption for added security
- full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) implementation for trackerless torrents, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding
- highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers
- bitfield graphs that show the completeness of all downloaded files, what pieces other peers have available, and the health of the overall swarm
- customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different partition even while downloading is still in progress
- 100% compatible with the BitTorrent protocol
- Windows and Linux-GTK native versions available
Tixati 2.64 changelog:
- advanced file auto-select options, applied when a transfer is started, available from Settings > Transfers > Files
- can auto-select using wildcard filters applied against file names
- better options for auto-select based on file size
- individual transfer and file completion notifications can be enabled in Settings > User Interface > Behavior > Notifications
- transfer completion notifications can be set by the transfer right-click menu > Local Files > Notify On Complete
- file or folder completion notification can be set by the file/folder right-click menu > Notify On Complete
- RSS feeds can have a completion notification for all created transfers, set by using the feed right-click menu
- categories can have a default completion notification for their transfers, set by using the category right-click menu
- show category non-default bandwidth settings in tooltip
- updated piece size checking upon meta-info loading, allow 16K - 64M
- allow local creation of transfers with piece size up to 64M
- updated IP location tables
- a few other minor fixes in the GUI
All the movies displayed in the screenshot above are from PublicDomainTorrents.info: Free and Legal Torrent Downloads.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware