Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Tor Browser 12.5.2 changelog:
Updated NoScript to 11.4.26
Bug tor-browser#41908: Rebase stable 12.5 to 102.14esr
Windows + macOS + Linux
- Updated Firefox to 102.14.0esr
- Bug tor-browser#41761: xul.dll win crash tor-browser 12.5.1 (based on Mozilla Firefox 102.13.0esr) (64-Bit)
Updated GeckoView to 102.14.0esr
Bug tor-browser#41928: Backport Android-specific security fixes from Firefox 116 to ESR 102.14 / 115.1 - based Tor Browser
Build System / All Platforms
- Updated Go to 1.20.6
- Bug tor-browser-build#40889: Add mullvad sha256sums URL to tools/signing/download-unsigned-sha256sums-gpg-signatures-from-people-tpo
- Bug tor-browser-build#40894: Fix format of keyring/boklm.gpg
- Bug tor-browser-build#40909: Add dan_b and ma1 to list of taggers in relevant projects
- Bug tor-browser-build#31546: Create and expose PDB files for Tor Browser debugging on Windows
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware