Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files. With Ventoy, you don't need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)EFI files to the USB drive and boot them directly. You can copy many files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them. Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way. Most type of OS supported (Windows/WinPE/Linux/Unix/Vmware/Xen...)
- 100% open source
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+)
- Persistence supported (since 1.0.11+)
- MBR and GPT partition style supported (1.0.15+)
- WIM files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.12+)
- IMG files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.19+)
- Auto installation supported (1.0.09+)
- File injection supported (1.0.16+)
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported(Windows/WinPE/Linux/Unix/Vmware/Xen...), 550+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- ISO files can be listed in List mode/TreeView mode
- Linux vDisk boot supported (vdi/vhd/raw)
- "Ventoy Compatible" concept
- Plugin Framework
- Menu Alias/Menu Style/Customized Menu supported
- USB drive write-protected support
- USB normal use unaffected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released
Ventoy 1.0.87 changelog:
- Add return to previous menu in secondary boot menu for convenience.
- Add max value for screen resolution option in theme plugin. Notes
- Fix the bug when F2 browse and boot VHD/VHDX files in an extend logic partition.
- Fix the menu title of F5 Tools ---> Power ---> $VTLANG_POWER_REBOOT_EFIFW
- Support BSD style for .md5/.sha1/.sh256/.sha512 checksum file. (#2112)
- Support VENTOY_CHECKSUM file for checksum value match. Notes
- Disable Fn hotkeys in autoinstall/persistence/wim select menu.
- Fix the blank item in the last of Language select menu.
- Fix the menu display issue when use persistence (VTLANG_NO_PERSISTENCE).
- Add support for Lenovo Product Recovery iso file.
- Add support for Dell PER ISO. (#2113)
- grub2 mode supports Porteus ISO file.
- Fix the file path when file checksum in F2 browse mode.
- Add new menu languages
- languages.json update
See https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_news.html for detail.
About Ventoy Subscription Service
Ventoy is an open source software under GPLv3 license. But Ventoy project need to pay for the server hosting, domain name, bandwidth, many USB sticks for test, large capacity of HDD (for downloading ISO files) and so on. For the better and sustainable development of Ventoy, I provide the subscription service.
For details please refer: https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_subscription.html
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware