Apply for a News Position
This form is for persons interested in writing news for Neowin. If you would like to contact us about another issue, please go here.
We have limited spots available for a part time position if you reside in Europe, Australia or New Zealand and are a native English speaker, please apply below.
What are our expectations?
- Be active: We require no less than four articles a week, but the more the better. We pay our writers per original article depending on the comments/hits. This won't replace your full time job, but is an easy way to earn extra cash for gadgets, savings and other things.
- We expect all articles to be originally written, we have strict guidelines for approvals. You must be proficient in English and grammar. We understand no one is perfect, but we do have high standards in order for a post to be approved on the main page.
- You need to be able to bite your tongue when negative criticism occurs. It happens from time to time, but remember you represent Neowin on and off this site.
- Although not mandatory, living near a convention/tech hotspot such as LA, Seattle, New York, or Tokyo would be a plus.
What you're signing up for
We do not assign people to different areas unlike other established news sources. Our writers will write from a variety of different categories.
Here's a general idea of what we cover here at Neowin:
- Mobile Devices
- Editorials & Reviews
- And anything else that's related to technology
What we need from you
If you feel you have what it takes to be a news reporter here at Neowin please send an application with the following:
- Your full name
- Your location
- Your email address - contact with you will be made via email
- Your age (applicants must be 18 years or older)
- Any previous blog(s) you have written for, paid or unpaid with links to samples
- A sample of your writing, preferably an article with at least 225 words
- An article based on this press release.
Although the press release may appear to be "dull" the reasoning for the selection is to see if you can turn it around to be an interesting piece for our readers, based on the source content. Submit it as if we would publish directly on the site.
By Applying You Agree:
You are providing us with truthful and accurate information about yourself, including your age and place of residence.
That you will not plagiarize. (eg: you will not copy and paste other articles)
You agree that we are paying you per submission on a “Work For Hire” basis. You are not an employee of Neowin, and Neowin can terminate this relationship at any time for any reason.