Adobe Flash Player is the high performance, lightweight, highly expressive client runtime that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones and devices.
Installed on over 750 million Internet-connected desktops and mobile devices, Flash Player enables organizations and individuals to build and deliver great digital experiences to their end users.
- Immersive experiences with Flash video, content and applications with full-screen mode.
- Low-bandwidth, high-quality video with advanced compression technology.
- High-fidelity text using the advanced text rendering engine.
- Real-time dynamic effects with filters for Blur, DropShadow, Glow, Bevel, Gradient Glow, Gradient Bevel, Displacement Map, Convolution, and Color Matrix.
- Innovative media compositions with 8-bit video alpha channels.
- Blend modes, radial gradient, and stroke enhancements.
- Additional image formats: GIF, Progressive JPEG, and PNG.
* Stage3D APIs — Create highly interactive visuals to improve collaboration on 3-dimensional models.
* G.711 audio compression for telephony — Integrate voice/telephony into business apps using G.711 codec.
* H.264/AVC SW Encoding — Encode higher quality video locally using H.264 video.
* Socket Progress Events — Build advanced file sharing apps like FTP clients that send large amounts of data.
* HD surround sound — Deliver full HD videos with 7.1 channel surround sound directly to AIR powered TVs.
* Includes security enhancements.