Alternative Flash Player Auto-Updater is a a software updater for Adobe’s Flash Player. Flash is one of the key technologies of Web 2.0 – you can find it nearly everywhere. Commonly used technologies are always a main target for malware authors – Flash Player is not different. Adobe frequently releases security updates to fix the latest security vulnerabilities. However, Flash Player’s out-of-box updater uses long time intervals between update checks. Most endusers do not bother to configure the internal updater – they run outdated Flash Player versions.
Alternative Flash Player Auto-Updater was developed to offer an easy to use application for inexperienced end-users who do not want to bother with updates. It can install updates with no user interaction required and thus keep your system secure without bothering you. Alternative Flash Player Auto-Updater offers many features for single- and corporate users like automatical update checks with a custom time interval.Also, it allows corporate users to use a remote configuration and thereby avoid configuring every single client. The user can decide which version of Flash Player to update and which to ignore (32-bit, 64-bit, Firefox, Internet Explorer). Another feature is the configuration of administrator credentials required for the installation – Alternative Flash Player Auto-Updater stores them, the users need not even know or enter credentials.
- Even works if no Flash Player is installed on the system (offers download)
- Works on Windows x86 and x64 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- German, English and Spanish (automatically detects the system language)
- Can work completely hidden (except notifications when updates are available)
- Users can choose to let it start with Windows
- Works behind a proxy server and with different administrator credentials (these are encrypted in the configuration file)
- Can use a global configuration file for network environments
- Bugfix: Installation errors repeated in a loop
- Bugfix: Tray icon disappeared when the installation was aborted/canceled
- Improvement: Changed links to pXc-coding.com
- Improvement: Changed some icons