Apple added to the iPad hype on Sunday as it unveiled a new TV commercial during the Oscars awards.
The commercial demonstrates most of what we have already seen and know about the iPad. It finishes by signing the advert off with "April 3", the date of the U.S. launch for the iPad.
The iPad will be available on April 3 for the WiFi only version and a month later for the WiFi and 3G version. Pricing of the devices will be:
- 16GB WiFi only $499, WiFi + 3G $629
- 32GB WiFi only $599, WiFi + 3G $729
- 64GB WiFi only $699, WiFi + 3G $829
The iPad also has the following specs:
- 0.5" thin
- Weighs 1.5 pounds
- 9.7" IPS display
- 1GHz Apple A4 processor
- 16, 32, or 64GB of flash storage
- 802.11n, WiFi, and Bluetooth 2.1
- 10 hours battery life