CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimisation tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
- Application is now 100% Unicode, with support added for non-Unicode OSs.
- Fixed bug where some IE temp files were not being securely deleted.
- %LocalAppData% and %CommonAppData% variable support added to INI files allowing "Application Data" references to work on non-English versions of Windows.
- Fixed bug where "Run (in Stat Menu)" was being cleaned when deselected.
- Added Gutmann (35 pass) secure deletion.
- Fixed minor bugs with 98 and NT4.
- Fixed bug with update checker.
- Added "portable.dat" file to the portable version of CCleaner which forces it to save the settings to an INI file.
- Fixed bug in cookie scanning that could cause an exception.
- Fixed minor UI bugs relating to control and window focus.
- Improved exception handling with more useful information.
- Minor bugs fixes and tweaks.
View: What's New
Link: Home Page