Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).
Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.
Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies". Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a problem when storing the UI positions when the user name contains a dot
- When making a mirror, files with Readonly or System attribute were not being deleted
- Simplified chinese language added
- Czech language updated
- Czech help file added
- Russian language updated
- Portuguese-Brazil language updated
- The automatic interval when checking for updates has been decreased to once a week
- English language updated
- Spanish language updated