Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).
Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.
Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies". Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
What's new in this version:
- When sending a test SMTP message, UTF encoding was not working in the body of the mail. Fixed.
- Keep alive is now selected as default for any new FTP connection
- Reset positions was not working file when the width of the left column was zero
- A change has been done in the way the zip engine reads the files to avoid problems with files with special temporary attributes
- If an exception occurred whencompressing or encrypting individually, a wrong message was being logged
- A bug was fixed when editing ASCII extensions for the FTP
- Italian language updated
- Chinese-traditional language updated
- Turkish language updated
- Czech language updated
- Czech help file updated