Since the release of Windows Vista, Creative has promised their Sound Cards as being 'Vista Ready'. Unfortunately, as many unlucky customers did discover, this is not true. What the users actually found were buggy, feature crippled drivers. Creative insisted that features such as Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS signals and DVD-Audio which worked fine in WinXP, would not work on Windows Vista. With Creative releasing less than one new driver a year, things seemed bleak. Fortunately, a talented user, Daniel_K, was recently able to 'fix' many of the drivers, enabling the incompatible features and also fixing many bugs. Just today Creative has decided to put a stop to this. They removed all links to his modified drivers, and banned several users who were posting links to the now banned drivers.
- Windows 10 Windows To Go USB in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Happy 25th birthday Hubble in Science Discussion & News
- Intel: XP users causing weak sales in Back Page News
- Pillars of Eternity in Computer Gaming
- Haggis Stats in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Help with MediaWiki in Web Design / Programming
- Why aren't other Windows tablets/hybrids (besides the Surface) selling? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Framing and masking in Web Design / Programming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.