Since the release of Windows Vista, Creative has promised their Sound Cards as being 'Vista Ready'. Unfortunately, as many unlucky customers did discover, this is not true. What the users actually found were buggy, feature crippled drivers. Creative insisted that features such as Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS signals and DVD-Audio which worked fine in WinXP, would not work on Windows Vista. With Creative releasing less than one new driver a year, things seemed bleak. Fortunately, a talented user, Daniel_K, was recently able to 'fix' many of the drivers, enabling the incompatible features and also fixing many bugs. Just today Creative has decided to put a stop to this. They removed all links to his modified drivers, and banned several users who were posting links to the now banned drivers.
- Valve Is Not Psyched It Got An 'F' In Customer Service in Computer Gaming
- What is a good resource for keeping me updated on the latest advancement in Web? in Web Design / Programming
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Water Cooling: Is it for everyone? in Hardware Hangout
- Patch Tuesday in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- Apple Seeds Fourth OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite Beta to Developers, Public Beta Testers in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.