Since the release of Windows Vista, Creative has promised their Sound Cards as being 'Vista Ready'. Unfortunately, as many unlucky customers did discover, this is not true. What the users actually found were buggy, feature crippled drivers. Creative insisted that features such as Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS signals and DVD-Audio which worked fine in WinXP, would not work on Windows Vista. With Creative releasing less than one new driver a year, things seemed bleak. Fortunately, a talented user, Daniel_K, was recently able to 'fix' many of the drivers, enabling the incompatible features and also fixing many bugs. Just today Creative has decided to put a stop to this. They removed all links to his modified drivers, and banned several users who were posting links to the now banned drivers.
- Surface 3 or iPad Air 2 in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Pentagon accidentally sent live anthrax samples to labs via FedEx in Real World News
- Putin just made Russian casualties in Ukraine officially secret in Real World Issues
- Apple Releases New 15-Inch MacBook Pro With Force Touch and $1,999 27-Inch iMac With Retina Dis in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix in Real World News
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.