Since the release of Windows Vista, Creative has promised their Sound Cards as being 'Vista Ready'. Unfortunately, as many unlucky customers did discover, this is not true. What the users actually found were buggy, feature crippled drivers. Creative insisted that features such as Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS signals and DVD-Audio which worked fine in WinXP, would not work on Windows Vista. With Creative releasing less than one new driver a year, things seemed bleak. Fortunately, a talented user, Daniel_K, was recently able to 'fix' many of the drivers, enabling the incompatible features and also fixing many bugs. Just today Creative has decided to put a stop to this. They removed all links to his modified drivers, and banned several users who were posting links to the now banned drivers.
- Steven Sotloff: Islamic State 'kills US hostage' in Real World Issues
- Where Are All the Hacked Pics of Men? in Real World Issues
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Suggest HIPAA Compliant Hosting ? in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Why a Tennessee town has the fastest internet in Back Page News
- EA Access getting Need for Speed: Rivals in ‘coming weeks’ in Microsoft Console
- Bit coin Mining, good or bad? in The Neobahn
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.