Since the release of Windows Vista, Creative has promised their Sound Cards as being 'Vista Ready'. Unfortunately, as many unlucky customers did discover, this is not true. What the users actually found were buggy, feature crippled drivers. Creative insisted that features such as Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS signals and DVD-Audio which worked fine in WinXP, would not work on Windows Vista. With Creative releasing less than one new driver a year, things seemed bleak. Fortunately, a talented user, Daniel_K, was recently able to 'fix' many of the drivers, enabling the incompatible features and also fixing many bugs. Just today Creative has decided to put a stop to this. They removed all links to his modified drivers, and banned several users who were posting links to the now banned drivers.
- Should I RMA my Hard Drive? in Hardware Hangout
- Hands on with Docs.com, Microsoft's file sharing service in Front Page News
- Xiaomi retakes the smartphone vendor crown from Apple in China in Front Page News
- AMD GPU issues on Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows Discussion Support
- What are your biggest Windows 10 bugbears? in Microsoft Windows Discussion Support
- New Server: What should I upgrade? in Virtualization Cloud Services
- How to clean/revive old freezer in General Discussion
- Nokia sells HERE to Audi, BMW and Daimler for $3 billion in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.