Since the release of Windows Vista, Creative has promised their Sound Cards as being 'Vista Ready'. Unfortunately, as many unlucky customers did discover, this is not true. What the users actually found were buggy, feature crippled drivers. Creative insisted that features such as Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS signals and DVD-Audio which worked fine in WinXP, would not work on Windows Vista. With Creative releasing less than one new driver a year, things seemed bleak. Fortunately, a talented user, Daniel_K, was recently able to 'fix' many of the drivers, enabling the incompatible features and also fixing many bugs. Just today Creative has decided to put a stop to this. They removed all links to his modified drivers, and banned several users who were posting links to the now banned drivers.
- Your Favourite(?) UI Discrepancies in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- How is Windows 10... even remotely close to being complete? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- No video PC or Mouse on new system setup in Hardware Hangout
- Restore image on new HDD in Hardware Hangout
- Microsoft is planning a 'Continuum' dock and other accessories for its new phones in Front Page News
- Destiny in Gamers' Hangout
- What is a good tool to regulate employee Internet access? in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.