Former Blur member Damon Albarn's latest music project is the first EMI album to be released without copy protection: Kingdom of Doom, by The Good, The Bad & The Queen, is available to download as 256Kbps MP3 files. The Good, The Bad & The Queen is made up of Damon Albarn, Paul Simonon, Tony Allen and Simon Tong. EMI said that the unlocked files give fans the option of choosing to play the music across a range of devices and platforms, including digital music players, mobile phones and home music systems. "We are delighted that this amazing band's songs can now be purchased directly from their website in a format that can be enjoyed on all music players," said Eric Nicoli, chief executive of EMI Group. Apple's iTunes service will be the first online music store to receive EMI's DRM-free downloads.
- Firefox dying at just 10% marketshare in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-7 ISS Resupply (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition announced in Computer Gaming
- Temporary SSD in Hardware Hangout
- REDEMPTION! USA Defeats Japan in Womens' World Cup Final 5-2 in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.