Kalypso Media today announced a new third-person stealth-action title in development for the PC and Xbox 360. DARK has been developed by RealmForge, the creators of Dungeons which was released on the PC last year.
DARK puts you in the role of a vampire who is trying to get details of the “mysterious” global GeoGorce Corporation. During the game you will make use of various vampire skills, stealth and combat abilities.
DARK has a cel-shaded design and is set in the near future; it hopes to mix action and role playing game elements with a detailed and deep story. DARK is due for release in early 2013. Here are some more details about the game along with six of the first screenshots taken from the game:
DARK is a stealth action game with RPG elements that lets you slip into the role of the ultimate killer… a vampire. Stalk you enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispatch them! The exciting story of DARK immerses you in a world full of blood and darkness in which the hunter can become the hunted at any time. As you unravel the mystery behind the global conglomerate that seems omnipresent and all-powerful, continually improve your character by developing powerful skills to aid you in remaining unobserved, or make quick process of those unfortunate to take too keen an interest in you.
Features of DARK:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies -- turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore -- but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs