"Everything" is an administrative tool that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything"). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed. "Everything" only uses file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. A fresh install of Windows XP SP2 (about 20,000 files) will take about 1 second to index. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute. The program will only locate files and folders on local NTFS volumes.
What's new in this version:
- fixed an issue when installing the service
- fixed an issue with the IPC and x64
- fixed an issue with search as you type
- fixed an issue with unnecessary db rebuilds
- improved type name sorting
"Everything" is Freeware. If you use "Everything" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.