A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- Microsoft adds new EdgeHTML and Chakra features along with build 10532 in Front Page News
- "Is there an extension you really want to see in Microsoft Edge? Tell us about it" in Microsoft Windows Support
- Level3 suffering major outages; effects are felt worldwide in Front Page News
- Acer founder: You're welcome to buy the company, but you'll be getting an "empty shell" in Front Page News
- Here are the known issues in Windows 10 Insider build 10532 in Front Page News
- Looking for a small yet decently powered computer in Hardware Hangout
- From leaked parts comes a semi-functional 'iPhone 6S' in Front Page News
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.