A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- The Ashley Madison hack: a confusing battle between good and evil in Front Page News
- Microsoft's Lumia flagships might be coming to AT&T and T-Mobile as exclusives in the U.S. in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Creating Multiple TAP-Win32 Ethernet Connections? in Microsoft Windows Support
- Discuss: One month on, what do you think of Windows 10 so far? in Front Page News
- NeoBytes :) Reuters employee starts Reply All chaos after sending an email to 33,000 people in Front Page News
- ATi Catalyst 14.8 mobility download in Hardware Hangout
- Poll: Are you still waiting to upgrade to Windows 10? in Front Page News
- Got any questions about ION Audio's Slides Forever slides/negative USB film scanner? in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.