A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- Microsoft posts guide for iOS developers to get started with Project Islandwood in Front Page News
- Adobe renames Flash to Adobe Animate, embracing HTML 5 in Front Page News
- Nexus 6P - A personal review in Front Page News
- Welcome to Neowin Forums on 4.1! in Site Forum Issues
- Chrome for Android gets better Data Saver mode for countries with slow networks in Front Page News
- Sony unlocks seventh CPU core on PlayStation 4 in Front Page News
- LG announce its first all-aluminium Android smartphone in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Mobile ROM for Xiaomi's Mi 4 Android handset is coming this week in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.