A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- Should people be afraid of doing online banking? in Internet, Network & Security
- Syracuse students use LAVA to cook a steak in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
- That is down to acceptable management in Hardware Hangout
- Carlo Nash says he was captivated in Hardware Hangout
- Its aback to Premier Alliance duties in Introduce Yourself
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.