A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- Adblocking... Could Patreon revolutionise the internet? in General Discussion
- Tyson Fury to fight Wladimir Klitschko in October in The Sporting Arena
- Win 10 Preview to RTM question. in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- How is Windows 10... even remotely close to being complete? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Weird thing happening with my Windows phone and computer monitor. in Windows Phone
- SmoothVideo Project (SVP) 3.1.7 in Front Page News
- Was it fears of seeming racist that protected 'America's Dad' for so long? in Real World Issues
- [REQ] Networked KVM in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.