A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 is currently available with up to $354 off in Front Page News
- Ordered a Surface Book.. But having second thoughts.. in Hardware Hangout
- TechSpot: Best Of - Our Favorite PC Cases in Every Form Factor in Front Page News
- Apple launches new iMac range; Retina 5K Display now standard on all 27in models in Front Page News
- Oregon eighth-grader suspended from school for wearing patriotic shirt showing gun in Real World News
- Sourcedigit - Linux News Website in Linux Unix Support
- Microsoft acknowledges reports of Windows 10 Mobile performance slowing down over time in Front Page News
- Student Wearing Gas Mask, Trench Coat Facing Expulsion in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.