A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- Edge or Previous Browser? in web browser discussion support
- Ways to mirror laptop screen to TV wirelessly? in hardware hangout
- Clean install for Windows 10? in microsoft windows discussion support
- Can't get new RAM to run higher than 1600MHz in hardware hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in the sporting arena
- Official Dogs vs Cats in poll station
- Windows Update in Windows 10: A massive bag of hurt in microsoft windows discussion support
- Any Lumia 1520 owners here? in windows mobile
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.