A security researcher has posted code for an exploit targeting a component of Microsoft Office. The vulnerability lies in a conversion tool used to convert Microsoft Works WPS files into Word RTF files The flaw could allow an attacker to remotely execute code on a user's system. Microsoft repaired the vulnerability as part of its monthly security release on 12 February. When the update was released Microsoft credited discovery of the flaw to iDefense, which in turn credited security researcher Damian Put.
- ASUS RT-AC66U Signal Problem and Slow Speeds in Internet Network Security
- 'At least 10 killed' in college shooting in Oregon in Real World Issues
- Pre-existing voxel tools/libraries for Java in Programming C C Java Vb Net Etc
- The point and shoot is back with 16 lenses: startup Light wants to make the DSLR obsolete in Front Page News
- Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead in Real World Issues
- Different iPhone 6s/+ have different processors, Samsung version drains your battery much faster in Front Page News
- Allegedly Microsoft excluded other carriers by inking a deal with AT&T for the Lumia 950 in Front Page News
- Microsoft: Handing over cross-border data could cause international discord between US and EU in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.