A 7year-old girl was inflicted with severe injuries from an exploding smartphone in her hometown of Astana, Kazakhstan.
The girl, Ariana Aitzhan, was playing in the garden when her parents suddenly heard screaming. When they rushed to see what was wrong, they found their daughter on the floor, next to an exploded Samsung S2. A nearby friend said the phone exploded in Aitzhan's pocket.
A neighbor helped the daughter before the parents arrived, but the burn was so intense that her skin fused with her jeans. Upon removing the jeans, it had also taken some of her flesh. Ariana was taken to a hospital to receive care. Upon examination, the leg injury was so severe that the burn went down to the bone and required a skin graft to repair. According to the mother, Ariana is still in shock and is now afraid of smartphones.
According to the Mirror, Samsung has offered to pay for all medical bills and required plastic surgery. Ariana’s father has refused this, fearing Samsung could be trying to cover up the incident. Samsung will require the device to be returned for testing and analysis.
Source: Mirror Online | Image via Mirror