GOM Media Player is an all-purpose video player that plays almost any video with ease. With its user-friendly interface, advanced functionality, and FREE price tag, it's the only media player you need. Not only is GOM Media Player a completely FREE video player, with its built-in support for all the most popular video and audio formats, tons of advanced features, extreme customizability, and the Codec Finder service, GOM Media Player is sure to fulfill all of your playback needs. With millions of users in hundreds of countries, GOM Media Player is one of the world`s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player can play all the most popular video formats by default (AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, etc). With a wide variety of advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, audio capture, playback speed control, and video effects, GOM Media Player allows you do much more than simply play your videos. GOM Media Player’s skinable interface and advanced filter controls make it highly customizable, allowing users to personalize their experience to fit their needs.
Some uncommon video types aren’t supported by GOM Media Player by default. When you try to watch these videos, GOM Media Player’s Codec Finder service will search for the one you’re missing and direct you to a place where you can read more and/or download the missing codec.
What's new in this version:
- Improved Subtitle Support
- Added support for ASS/SSA subtitles
- Corrected an issue where some RTL subtitles were not being displayed in the correct order
- Enabled the use of the "Overlay" subtitle output method when using the "Enhanced Video Renderer" video output method.
- Corrected an issue where some style tags on internal UTF8 subtitles were not being applied correctly and were instead being displayed as text.
- Added support for VP9 video playback
- It is now possible to view some image files in GOM Player (JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF)
- Improved the Bookmarks feature
- Added a confirmation dialog box when clicking the [Delete All] button.
- Corrected an issue where bookmarks with double-quotes ("") in the description where not being stored and displayed correctly.
- Improved the Advanced Capture feature
- Added the ability to set the output ratio for captures when using Advance Capture and Screencap features.
- Corrected an issue where using the A-B Repeat feature while certain custom skins were applied would cause the software to crash.
- Improved Support for FLAC & M4A audio files
- FLAC & M4A audio files can now be added to the playlist using Drag & Drop
- FLAC & M4A files will now appear in Windows Explorer when using "Open File"([F2]) without changing the file type to "All Files (*.*)"
- Corrected an issue where users would see a CPU error when trying to install the software, even if their CPU was supposed to be supported.
- Corrected an issue where file type association features were not working properly for some users using Windows 8.1
- Other miscellaneous corrections, fixes, and changes.
If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP SP1, please download and install the compatible version: GOM Media Player 184.108.40.20683. The Windows 2000 / XP SP1 compatible version is the same as the original GOM Media Player 220.127.116.1183, just with the following changes: Improved security.
Note: The program includes 3rd party (AVG Security Toolbar - optional) software.