Rumours, hints and leaks have all suggested that Google was working on a GPhone. Official confirmation comes from Isabel Aguilera, Google's chief executive in Spain and Portugal. The woman has admitted that the search giant is indeed working on a mobile phone in the labs but it isn't exactly as top priority as the iPhone was for Apple. She noted that it is just one of 18 R&D initiatives the company currently has underway and that it is probably for developing countries anyways. The idea is all about helping information get to where it's needed in developing economies. In the end, it isn't exactly something to get excited about, as the project can easily be dropped at any time. Nonethless, expect the Google Phone to be touted as the iPhone killer on your favourite "trusted" sources.
- Glary Utilities 18.104.22.168 in Front Page News
- One of Project Spartan's big issues was fixed in leaked Windows 10 build in Front Page News
- Witcher 2 lockups in Computer Gaming
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Connecting to VM through thin client. in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- [OT] Wolfenstein: The Old Blood in Gamers' Hangout
- 4K monitor first try in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.