Rumours, hints and leaks have all suggested that Google was working on a GPhone. Official confirmation comes from Isabel Aguilera, Google's chief executive in Spain and Portugal. The woman has admitted that the search giant is indeed working on a mobile phone in the labs but it isn't exactly as top priority as the iPhone was for Apple. She noted that it is just one of 18 R&D initiatives the company currently has underway and that it is probably for developing countries anyways. The idea is all about helping information get to where it's needed in developing economies. In the end, it isn't exactly something to get excited about, as the project can easily be dropped at any time. Nonethless, expect the Google Phone to be touted as the iPhone killer on your favourite "trusted" sources.
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- I need some help for a friend please. in Internet, Network & Security
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
- Russia steps up propaganda push with online "Kremlin trolls" in Real World Issues
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- Isolating guest network fromthe rest of the network. in Internet, Network & Security
- Gallery: Windows 10 build 10130 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.