Rumours, hints and leaks have all suggested that Google was working on a GPhone. Official confirmation comes from Isabel Aguilera, Google's chief executive in Spain and Portugal. The woman has admitted that the search giant is indeed working on a mobile phone in the labs but it isn't exactly as top priority as the iPhone was for Apple. She noted that it is just one of 18 R&D initiatives the company currently has underway and that it is probably for developing countries anyways. The idea is all about helping information get to where it's needed in developing economies. In the end, it isn't exactly something to get excited about, as the project can easily be dropped at any time. Nonethless, expect the Google Phone to be touted as the iPhone killer on your favourite "trusted" sources.
- Suggest HIPAA Compliant Hosting ? in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- I need new phone (only Android) in Android
- Coaches at Catholic school ‘had sex with students for years’ in Real World News
- Which Nikon DSLR (<£500) do you recommend? in Digital Camera Lab
- D3200 with 18-55mm + 55 - 200mm worth it? in Digital Camera Lab
- 5000 likes in Milestones and Achievements
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Xbox Music update brings Live Tile support and other fixes. in Windows Phone
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.