Rumours, hints and leaks have all suggested that Google was working on a GPhone. Official confirmation comes from Isabel Aguilera, Google's chief executive in Spain and Portugal. The woman has admitted that the search giant is indeed working on a mobile phone in the labs but it isn't exactly as top priority as the iPhone was for Apple. She noted that it is just one of 18 R&D initiatives the company currently has underway and that it is probably for developing countries anyways. The idea is all about helping information get to where it's needed in developing economies. In the end, it isn't exactly something to get excited about, as the project can easily be dropped at any time. Nonethless, expect the Google Phone to be touted as the iPhone killer on your favourite "trusted" sources.
- My concept for the Neowin with Flat design in General Discussion
- Where to buy a gaming computer with good deals in Hardware Hangout
- Legend Of Zelda DLC Coming To Mario Kart 8 in Nintendo Console
- Xbox One vs. PS4 vs. Wii U: Microsoft Still Trailing Behind in Gamers' Hangout
- Diablo III in Gamers' Hangout
- Girl, 9, kills Arizona shooting instructor with Uzi in accident in Real World News
- Repair Bluetooth function on laptop in Hardware Hangout
- install a root CA on to iOS? in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.