Google has released a new version of its Gmail for mobile application, which works on most phones that are Java ME enabled as well as BlackBerry devices. The new version is faster than before (30% faster overall and 80% faster for some tasks), consumes a lot less data and boasts a fair bit of new features. The latter includes a contacts viewer, an outgoing mail footer, click-to-call phone numbers, emails that are saved for later re-editing and Gmail keyboard shortcuts to perform tasks faster (on phones with full keyboards). The list sure sounds like a lot of useful features have been added without slowing down the program; has anyone tried the new version and begs to differ?
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- 99 cans of beer in a pack in Real World News
- Spider bite anyone? in General Discussion
- Buying a router in Hardware Hangout
- need help choosing a graphics card upgrade for my PC in Hardware Hangout
- Nintendo Unveils New 3DS in Nintendo Console
- Keeps blue screening all the time in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Neowin's Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.