Hitman Pro 3 is a fast all-in-one tool to locate, identify and remove viruses, spyware, trojans, rootkits and other malware. Hitman Pro 3 will quickly show if your PC is infected with malicious software. Hitman Pro 3 uses innovative cloud computing techniques to detect and remove potential malware threats with minimal impact on system performance. Hitman Pro is designed to work alongside existing security programs without any conflicts. It scans the computer quickly (less than 5 minutes) and does not slow down the computer (except for the few minutes it is scanning). Hitman Pro does not need to be installed. It can be run straight from a USB flash drive, a CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive.
What's new in this version:
- ADDED: New Text File Log export format which is useful for posting scan logs in forums.
- ADDED: Save Log hyperlink is available directly after scan (before removal).
- ADDED: Support for displaying huge number of items in the Scan Results view.
- ADDED: HitmanPro can run in Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) so users can access Quarantine.
- ADDED: WRP/WFP chevron on infected critical Windows system files. As always, these files will be replaced by clean safe versions.
- FIXED: Boot Configuration Data (BCD) settings were only fixed when a Bootkit was removed. Now HitmanPro always checks BCD and offers repair when misconfiguration (by malware) was detected.
- IMPROVED: Removal of the Cidox VBR Rootkit.
- IMPROVED: Deployment of the temporary HitmanPro Support Driver.
- IMPROVED: Greatly improved performance of the Scan Results view.
- IMPROVED: Several other but minor improvements.
- CHANGED: The rows in the Scan Results view can no longer be expanded/collapsed. Instead if you highlight an item in the view it will show the vendor classification (click to show classification).
- CHANGED: Double click on an item in the Scan Results view will show the More Information panel (if available).
- CHANGED: Removed gradients in the Scan Results view to streamline with the rest of the GUI.