XtremeSystems forum member VictorWang has come across early engineering samples of Intel's upcoming Core 2 Duo E6850 which are stepping 9 revision E0. Stock voltage on the Core 2 Duo E6850 engineer samples vary between 1.22-1.24-volts and the forum member claims the CPU overclocks very well but dislikes voltages higher than 1.48-volts. When air-cooled, the engineering sample is able to reach front-side-bus (FSB) speeds of 533-570 MHz (over 2 GHz if you take the quad-pumped bus architecture into consideration). Intel expects to launch refreshed Core 2 Duo E6x50 series processors later this year with a 1333 MHz FSB. The refresh is timed with the new Bearlake Intel chipsets.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Potentially failing Samsung HDD - Anyone got a copy of "ES-Tool"? in Hardware Hangout
- Which Nikon DSLR (<£500) do you recommend? in Digital Camera Lab
- Internet Explorer usage jumps up for August, Chrome drops in Front Page News
- What are you listening to? (2014 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- Ukraine crisis: Nato images 'show Russia troops' [entering Ukraine] in Real World Issues
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.