XtremeSystems forum member VictorWang has come across early engineering samples of Intel's upcoming Core 2 Duo E6850 which are stepping 9 revision E0. Stock voltage on the Core 2 Duo E6850 engineer samples vary between 1.22-1.24-volts and the forum member claims the CPU overclocks very well but dislikes voltages higher than 1.48-volts. When air-cooled, the engineering sample is able to reach front-side-bus (FSB) speeds of 533-570 MHz (over 2 GHz if you take the quad-pumped bus architecture into consideration). Intel expects to launch refreshed Core 2 Duo E6x50 series processors later this year with a 1333 MHz FSB. The refresh is timed with the new Bearlake Intel chipsets.
- More RAM (Best 16 GB sticks) in Hardware Hangout
- Microsoft's new Surface commercial puts the pen and Office in the spotlight in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The next iPhone and iOS 9 will support Force Touch in Front Page News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dell U2515H (2560x1440) won't go above 2048x1152 in Hardware Hangout
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.