XtremeSystems forum member VictorWang has come across early engineering samples of Intel's upcoming Core 2 Duo E6850 which are stepping 9 revision E0. Stock voltage on the Core 2 Duo E6850 engineer samples vary between 1.22-1.24-volts and the forum member claims the CPU overclocks very well but dislikes voltages higher than 1.48-volts. When air-cooled, the engineering sample is able to reach front-side-bus (FSB) speeds of 533-570 MHz (over 2 GHz if you take the quad-pumped bus architecture into consideration). Intel expects to launch refreshed Core 2 Duo E6x50 series processors later this year with a 1333 MHz FSB. The refresh is timed with the new Bearlake Intel chipsets.
- Windows 10 Preview (How do you like it?) in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Official Star Trek vs Star Wars in Poll Station
- Windows 8.1 App store--not opening app download page properly in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Sen. Robert Menendez indicted in Domestic Politics
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- Virtual Host Builds - post yours in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Woman says boy, girl killed to stop abuse in Real World News
- Happy Birthday Marcel! (Redmak) in Site Announcements
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.