Intel will shortly announce that its future "Mobile Internet Devices" and UMPCs will be Linux-powered, using a custom version of the Chinese Red Flag distribution. The Red Flag distro has a super slick, iPhone-like user interface. For Intel, its future success with mobile devices is now separated from the Microsoft behemoth, but at the same time, it begs the question, will the success of its devices depend on the responsiveness of the open-source community? And can the OSS community deliver applications for a device with the same fit and finish as the very-much-closed Apple iPhone?
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Meet Vivaldi Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- How do People Believe this Stuff? in It's a Conspiracy!
- Teen Caught Making Love to Stuffed Horse in Walmart in Real World News
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
- Member Pictures 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.