Intel will shortly announce that its future "Mobile Internet Devices" and UMPCs will be Linux-powered, using a custom version of the Chinese Red Flag distribution. The Red Flag distro has a super slick, iPhone-like user interface. For Intel, its future success with mobile devices is now separated from the Microsoft behemoth, but at the same time, it begs the question, will the success of its devices depend on the responsiveness of the open-source community? And can the OSS community deliver applications for a device with the same fit and finish as the very-much-closed Apple iPhone?
- Miscellaneous Launches and Payloads (updates) in Science Discussion News
- PotPlayer 1.6.57398 in Front Page News
- Nominations for last year's best news headlines are: in Jokes Funny Stuff
- PS Vita???!! in Sony Console
- Fairly simple question about SSD+SATA combo. in Hardware Hangout
- Welcome to Neowin Forums on 4.1! in Site Forum Issues
- New router in my network ? in Software Discussion Support
- Windows 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth - US Government in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.