Intel will shortly announce that its future "Mobile Internet Devices" and UMPCs will be Linux-powered, using a custom version of the Chinese Red Flag distribution. The Red Flag distro has a super slick, iPhone-like user interface. For Intel, its future success with mobile devices is now separated from the Microsoft behemoth, but at the same time, it begs the question, will the success of its devices depend on the responsiveness of the open-source community? And can the OSS community deliver applications for a device with the same fit and finish as the very-much-closed Apple iPhone?
- Ireland could be first nation to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote in Real World Issues
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Outlook.com Review in Reviews by Members for Members
- Is there anything Windows 10 does better? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
- World Without End - No Man's Sky in Gamers' Hangout
- CB/HAM Radios in The Hobby Corner
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.