Intel will shortly announce that its future "Mobile Internet Devices" and UMPCs will be Linux-powered, using a custom version of the Chinese Red Flag distribution. The Red Flag distro has a super slick, iPhone-like user interface. For Intel, its future success with mobile devices is now separated from the Microsoft behemoth, but at the same time, it begs the question, will the success of its devices depend on the responsiveness of the open-source community? And can the OSS community deliver applications for a device with the same fit and finish as the very-much-closed Apple iPhone?
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Hello :-D in Introduce Yourself
- The Kojima Rumors Are True, Says Metal Gear Singer in Gamers' Hangout
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- Is Windows 10 faster or more optimized than 8? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Cannot upgrade from 10041 to 10061 in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works! in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.