Intel will shortly announce that its future "Mobile Internet Devices" and UMPCs will be Linux-powered, using a custom version of the Chinese Red Flag distribution. The Red Flag distro has a super slick, iPhone-like user interface. For Intel, its future success with mobile devices is now separated from the Microsoft behemoth, but at the same time, it begs the question, will the success of its devices depend on the responsiveness of the open-source community? And can the OSS community deliver applications for a device with the same fit and finish as the very-much-closed Apple iPhone?
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- What is neowin.net and why is my computer sending HTTP POST messages to neowin.net/spy? in Introduce Yourself
- Neowin's Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Windows 9 teased by Microsoft China; confirms name in the process in Front Page News
- Saints Row Writer Accepts Anita Sarkeesian's Critique of His Games in Gamers' Hangout
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Titanfall in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.