Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. IDM integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, and all other popular browsers to automatically handle your downloads. You can also drag and drop files, or use Internet Download Manager from command line. Internet Download Manager can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it's done.
Internet Download Manager can be used to download flash videos from sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, and Google Videos. It also features complete Windows 7 and Vista support, YouTube grabber, redeveloped scheduler, and MMS protocol support. The new version also adds improved integration for IE and IE based browsers, redesigned and enhanced download engine, the unique advanced integration into all latest browsers, improved toolbar, and a wealth of other improvements and new features.
What's new in version 6.12 Beta 2:
- Redeveloped file integrity verification during resume
- Improved resume capability after power outages
- Redeveloped IDM integration into IE
- Optimized IE integration module and improved its speed performance
- Added support of IDM download panel to Google Frame installed into IE
- Improved integration into IE based browsers like AOL, MSN, etc.
- Added support for SeaMonkey 2.10
- Improved support of several web players
- Made a workaround for bugs in a new Outpost firewall
- Added support for new version of Adobe Flash Player