Kingsoft recently re-launched the latest Kingsoft Office 2012 Office Suite. It consists of three parts which are Kingsoft Writer 2012, Kingsoft Spreadsheets 2012 and Kingsoft Presentation 2012. It is perfectly compatible with Microsoft Office that can create, open, edit all Microsoft Office files including .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, etc. and can save as the latest format .docx, .xlsx, .pptx.
Furthermore, it has a built-in PDF converter which allows you to convert all Kingsoft files into PDF files; and an automatic spell check function to proofread your assignments to ensure accuracy; the multiple tabs interface can avoid the hassles caused by having to switch between multiple document windows. The best part is it provides all the functions above in a relatively small install package of only 70MB. This is just one-tenth the size of Microsoft Office. Kingsoft Office can meet all your office requirements without taking up space on your hard drive and the fact that it is free, and save you having to spend large amounts of money. Thus it can be seen as a free version of Microsoft Office.
Kingsoft Office 2012 is compatible with all of the latest Microsoft Office file formats. It will easily open, read and write documents created with Microsoft Office as well as a wide variety of other formats. Microsoft Office can also open Kingsoft files without having Kingsoft Office installed on the same computer.
Another benefit is that it also does not need Java or .NET to run on, which is a big bonus for laptops and netbooks.
Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012 key features:
- New: Automatic spell checker. A built-in spell checker will automatically proofread the text you enter as you create your documents.
- Improved: A new and improved layout allows for much quicker document processing compared to previous versions. Editing the layout, finding and replacing words and inserting pictures are only some of the processes improved by the new layout.
Better and Deeply Compatible with Microsoft Office Suite
- Open, view and edit Word (97/2000/2003/2007/2010) .doc, .docx formats; output to (97/2000/2003) .doc format.
- Open and view Excel (97/2000/2003/2007/2010) .xls, .xlsx formats; edit and save (97/2000/2003) .xls format.
- Open and view Powerpoint (97/2000/2003/2007/2010) .ppt, .pptx formats; edit and save (97/2000/2003) .ppt format.
Built-in PDF Converter
- Save files including Writer, spreadsheets, Presentation as PDF format.
- Convert Kingsoft Writer, spreadsheets, Presentation to PDF files.
- Open and convert Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx) to PDF files.
Automatic spell check
- Provide a built-in spell checker you can use to proofread your document.
- Mark the incorrect words in red underlines when typing.
- Provide some recommended words to help in improving your document.
Multiple document tabs
- Avoid the hassles caused by switching between multiple document windows.
- The tab bar that appears above the editable area allows you to switch between documents quickly and conveniently.
Small data package
- The install package is just 70MB, which is only one-tenth the size of other office software.
- The software installs within just one minute.
- Although it is really small, it includes Writer, spreadsheets and Presentation to meet your daily needs in office work and document processing.
- Provide a document encryption function which can set a password to files.
- Set a password to open and edit documents.
- Enter an open password to only browse the document but not modify it. Enter an edit password to both browse and modify the document.
- Protect privacy to prevent others seeing or changing the files.
Humanized table operation
- Quickly select and move tables by clicking the shortcut operations on the table.
- Add additional rows and volumes by clicking shortcut operations on the table.
Share files via email
- View and edit email attachments by Kingsoft Office.
- The built-in emailing function makes it easy to share documents.
What's New in Office Suite Free 2012:
According to Kingsoft, this update (digital signature 24. September) is meant to address a problem of you’re been prompted to activate Kingsoft Office 2012 Office Suite on certain systems. So if you downloaded a previous version you are invited to re-download it and enjoy the full, freeware Kingsoft Office 2012 Office Suite with no lockouts or license prompts.
Download: Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012 v220.127.116.1142 | 68.4 MB (Freeware)
Download: Kingsoft Writer Free 2012 v18.104.22.16848 | 43.2 MB (Freeware)
Download: Kingsoft Spreadsheets Free 2012 v22.214.171.12448 | 40.6 MB (Freeware)
Download: Kingsoft Presentation Free 2012 v126.96.36.19948 | 39.3 MB (Freeware)
Screenshot: 1 | 2 | 3